A.H.P.A. COURT LAYOUT |
- Indoor pitching.-When indoor courts are constructed, the height of pitching boxes shall not be over six (6) inches above floor level. Ceiling height shall be at least twelve (12) feet.
- Layout of courts. A court shall consist of two pitchers' boxes with a stake in the center of each and shall cover a level area overall of ten (10) feet width and fifty (50) feet in length.
- Pitchers' box. The pitchers' box shall be six (6) feet square, with stake in the exact center.
- The stake area of the pitchers' box shall be filled to a depth of six (6) to ten (10) inches with potter's clay or substitute of like nature and kept in a moist and putty-like condition in the stake area.
- Stake Distance. The distance shall be forty (40) feet between stakes. Measured from the pitchers platform level, from the center of each stake.
- Foul lines surrounding the pitcher's box shall be clearly defined.
- When a number of courts are constructed as required in tournament play, the stakes shall be a minimum of(10) feet apart between courts and front pitching box foul lines shall preserve a straight line across the entire lay-out. Construction should be made to permit north-south pitching.
Horsehoe Pit Plans #1 / TossingGames.com / Scoreboards
- Stakes should be made of 1" cold rolled steel 30 " long.
- Block should be of solid oak treated with creosote or other preservative.
- Drill 15/16" diameter hole 7" deep & drive peg into block.
- Drive "S" wedges into each end of block.
- Lean stakes 3" toward each other.
- Stakes should be 14" above cement slab.